Track a device using TinyMDM
How to track a device on a map?
From from TinyMDM console, you can see the exact location of your devices. Please note that this feature gives you the location only if the GPS is enabled and the device is connected to the internet.
Geolocation of a device:
– From your TinyMDM console, go on to the Devices tab
– Click on the location icon ()of the device you want to locate
From the dashboard, follow your Android devices at all times and places by activating the location tracking. Keep an eye on the position of each device on a map for more security.
Geolocation of multiple devices:
– From your dashboard, go on to the Devices tab
– Select the devices you want to locate, then click on the geolocation icon () in the blue band that appears above the list of devices.
– On the geolocation page, you will see three grey boxes indicating which devices can be geolocated and which cannot, as well as the geolocation modes: by device or by policy.
✓ In the Geolocation managed by device box, you can see on how many devices the geolocation is enabled and on how many it is disabled. Simply click on Manage to do the opposite action. Exemple: disable geolocation on devices where it is enabled
✓ In the Geolocation managed by policy box, you can see on how many devices the geolocation has been defined on the policy. To manage geolocation by device and not by policy, go to the Policies tab, click on the icon to edit the policy, and go to the Device-Wide Controls sub-tab.
✓ In the Geolocation unavailable box, you will find all the devices in Work Profile mode, as they are not geolocatable.
For privacy purposes, it is only possible to locate a fully managed device: physical tracking isn’t allowed when a work profile is installed on an employee owned (or corporate owned / personally enabled) device. If a user is geotagged, there is a mandatory notification displayed on the device. Users can check if TinyMDM has the geolocation permission or not from their device’s settings (in fully managed mode).