– OS version 6 or newer
– Not available on Android Go devices
Enabling a Work Profile is ideal for managing employee-owned devices (BYOD) or giving more freedom to employees using a company-owed device (COPE): it allows companies to manage the business data and apps in a secure container, leaving everything else under the user’s control. More info about Work Profile here.
>> SETUP A WORK PROFILE ON A DEVICE:
1. Download the TinyMDM app from the Play Store
2. Open the app and choose the option “Work Profile”
4. Scan the QR code received by email or enter your login credentials (end user credentials, not the TinyMDM admin ones).
5. Business-related apps managed by the Work Profile have a particular business icon setting them apart from personal apps. They are held in a secure container and depending on the policy, affected to the device, a secure password will be needed to access it.
The Play Store inside the Work Profile will only display the Enterprise approved apps, but users can access the Play Store as usual once outside the Work Profile.