Remotely wipe all data from managed device(s)
How to remotely wipe out all data from one or multiple devices at a time?
Don’t put your confidential data at risk and choose to remotely wipe out all data from a device if lost or stolen. This feature will reset the device to factory settings and there will be no way of accessing its content anymore. This feature is only available for device in kiosk of fully managed mode.
Remotely wipe out all data
From your TinyMDM dashboard:
– Go to the Devices tab
– Click on the top right of the device’s box you want to reset
– Click on Wipe device
– In the text field, write “Reset” and click on Ok
The device(s) will then be reset to the factory settings.
Perform a factory reset from the device(s)
From a device in Fully-Managed:
– Go to the TinyMDM application and click on Administration at the bottom of the app
– Then click on Wipe the device and either enter your admin code or click the QR code icon on the bottom left to open the camera and scan the QR code displayed on the TinyMDM console.
From a device in Kiosk Mode:
– Unlock the device and shake it strongly until the Exit kiosk mode pop-up appears
– Then click on the QR code icon on the bottom left to open the camera and scan the QR code displayed on the TinyMDM console (in the My Account tab).
When you reset a device enrolled with TinyMDM directly from the device, the console isn’t aware that the device has been wiped. The device’s “card” that was created in the Devices tab during the enrollment process stays and still use a licence. If you were to re-enroll the same device, another card would be created with a different ID (though the serial number and other informations about the device would stay the same). To free the licence of the device that was wiped, you need to delete the device from the console: to do that, go to the Devices tab on your console, click on the menu in the top right corner of your device’s “card”, and click on “wipe the device”.