Prevent factory reset:
From your TinyMDM dashboad:
– Go to the Polices tab and edit or modify the policy of your choice
– Scroll down the Policy until the Device-wide controls part
– Tick the Prevent reset factory box
The end-user won’t be able to do a factory reset from its device settings.
Enable the factory reset on one specific device:
As a TinyMDM admin, you can reset the device to factory settings from the Devices tab (more info here). But as you prevent the factory reset on the policy, the end-user do not have the access to reset it from the settings.
To enable only one user, and not the entire policy, to be able to perform a factory reset on its device, follow the steps below:
– On the device, go on to the TinyMDM application
– Click on Administration button at the bottom of the app
– Then click on Wipe the device and enter the temporary code visible by clicking on “Show admin code” on the console (see screenshot above).