– New (or freshly factory reset)
– OS version 6. For devices running Android 7 and newer, refer to the 6-times tap QR code enrollment tutorial.
The enrollment process can usually be done by the final user since he received by email a QR code/password and a link explaining how to do so (but in the case of an Anonymous user, the enrollment must be done by the administrator).
- Switch on your new device (first use), or perform a factory reset and restart your device.
- Follow the configuration Wizard (startup screen, connect to the wifi, etc. depending of the model). Note: on the “Copy apps & data” screen, choose not to copy data by clicking on “Don’t copy”.
- On the Google sign in page, enter the code afw#tinymdm instead of an email address.
- Android Enterprise will offer you to Install TinyMDM: click on Install and Accept & continue.
- Choose the Google services you want to accept (no impact on TinyMDM)
- When asked, enter your credentials or scan your QR code (both received by email) to log in. Note: end-user credentials, not TinyMDM administrator ones.
- You’re ready to go ! Depending on the policy applied to the device, you might be prompt to choose a compliant password.