– New (or freshly factory reset)
– OS version 6. For devices running Android 7 and newer, refer to the 6-times tap QR code enrollment tutorial.
The enrollment process can usually be done by the final user since he received by email a QR code/password and a link explaining how to do so (but in the case of an Anonymous user, the enrollment must be done by the administrator).
- Switch on your new device (first use), or perform a factory reset and restart your device.
- Follow the configuration Wizard (startup screen, connect to the wifi, etc. depending of the model). Note: on the “Copy apps & data” screen, choose not to copy data by clicking on “Don’t copy”.
- On the Google sign in page, enter the code afw#tinymdm instead of an email address.
- Android Enterprise will offer you to Install TinyMDM: click on Install and Accept & continue.
- Link the device to the end user, by using one of the three methods described below:
- If the device has a camera: scan the QR code, displayed on the user card (or received by email).
- If the device does not have a camera and the enrollment is made by the administrator: on the device, instead of clicking on Use QR code, choose “Use alternative login way” and then on “Use the login token”. At the same time, on the admin console, click on the user’s QR code and on “No camera on the device?” and enter the token.
- If the device does not have a camera and the enrolment is made by the end user: on the device, instead of clicking on Use QR code, choose “Use alternative login way”. Fill in your credentials received by email (login and password of the end user, not of the TinyMDM administrator).
- You’re ready to go ! Depending on the policy applied to the device, you might be prompt to choose a compliant password.