Android Enterprise offers a quick and easy way to enroll corporate devices from startup (or after a reset to factory settings), by tapping 6 times on the first screen and scanning a QR code. This enrollment method sets TinyMDM as device owner (managed by EMM) and the right configuration is applied to the device, according to the security policy you defined.
- The device must be new or reset to factory settings.
- The device must be running Android 7.0 and higher (for devices running Android 6, refer to the enrollment via afw# code).
- You must have a TinyMDM account with users assigned to one security policy.
- [This enrollment method is not compatible with Huawei (EMUI 5 or less) and Xiaomi devices.]
>> ENROLLMENT STEPS
1. On the first screen displayed at startup, tap six times in a row, anywhere on the screen (but six times in one spot), and wait a few seconds.
Note: even if the first screen is often the one where the language selection is made, it may vary according to the manufacturer of the device. Whatever the first screen is, the important thing is to tap six times on the initial screen, whatever it is.
2. The camera of the device opens: the QR code must be scanned (visible in the administration console, or by email if it has been sent to the end user).
3. Connect to a Wi-Fi network and follow the steps of the configuration wizard.
5. The configuration defined in the security policy applies directly!