If your application has already been added through the TinyMDM Store, make sure to delete it before adding it to the Managed Play Store. To do so, you simply need to go on the Enterprise approved apps, then on the TinyMDM Store, click on the menu at the top right of the submitted apk, and select “Delete Private App”.
To deploy an apk
– Go in the Enterprise approved apps tab and click on Private apps
– Click on the + button at the bottom right of the managed Google Play window.
– Enter your file name and click on Upload APK. Select your APK file, wait a few seconds and click on Create. Done! It is now visible in your Enterprise Approved App list.
Please make sure the apk is well signed by the developer, is not is debug mode, and respects the rules of Play Store. If you got the error message “Upload a new APK file with a different package name” : please make sure that the package ID of the apk is unique and doesn’t already exist in the Play Store. For example, Gmail package ID on the Play Store is id=com.google.android.gm, so you won’t be able to deploy an app with the same package ID. If this happens to you, please ask your developer to rename the package ID and try again to upload your apk.
To update the version of your apk
– Go in the Enterprise approved apps > Private app and click on the application you need to update
– Click on Edit and upload the .apk file that includes the new version
– Wait a few minutes before pushing the update on managed devices through the security policy
To re approve a private application
In case you mistakenly disapproved a private app from your Enterprise approved apps list, you can reapprouve it by going to the Play Store (only your company will see the app). In order to reapprove it:
– Go on the Play Store and browse your application name in the search bar
– Click on Private button to see your application in the list
– Then you can click on it and approve it as a classic application
To unpublish your private application
Unpublish a private application:
– From the Enterprise approved apps tab
– Click on the application icon and then on Make advanced changes in the “Advanced modifications options” tab
– Log into the Google Play Console with your Enterprise Google account
– In the left side menu and on the “Publish” section, then under “Configuration”, click on Advanced settings
– Under “App availability”, select “Unpublished”
For information, this action will unpublish the application from the Playstore but it will not delete it.