>> TO DEPLOY A PRIVATE APP
– Go in the Enterprise approved apps tab and click on Private app
– Click on the + button at the bottom right of the GooglePlay window.
– Enter your file name and click on Upload APK. Select your APK file, wait a few seconds and click on Create. Done! Your private app will be visible in your Enterprise Approved App list.
If you got the error message “Upload a new APK file with a different package name” : please make sure that the package ID of your private app is unique and doesn’t already exist in the Playstore. For example, Gmail package ID on the PlayStore is “id=com.google.android.gm”, so you won’t be able to deploy a private app with the same package ID. If this happens to you, please ask your developer to rename the package ID and try again to upload your private app.
>> TO UPDATE A PRIVATE APP
– Go in the Enterprise approved apps > Private app and click on the private app you need to update
– Click on Edit and upload the .apk file that includes the new version
– Wait a few minutes before pushing the update on managed devices through the security policy
>> TO REAPPROVE A PRIVATE APP
In case you mistakenly disapproved a private app from your Enterprise approved apps list, you can reapprouve it by:
– Entering its package name in the field App package name
– Going to the Play Store (Browse Apps) and entering its name (the private app is only visible by your company)
>> TO DELETE A PRIVATE APP
If you delete your private app from the Google Play iframe, you won’t be able to upload it again with the same package name on the Play Store.