Create sessions in kiosk mode with TinyMDM
How to create temporary sessions for users?
This feature enables a user to have a temporary access on all the installed applications of a managed device, with its personal accounts, and enables him to close the session whenever he needs. Once the session is closed, all the applications data are definitely deleted from the device, to respect personal data protection.
If we take the example of an hospital that wants to offer managed tablets for the journey of a patient. The patient will open a new session on the device and start using it to connect to its personal accounts (email account, music or films plateforms…), and when he will leave the hospital, he will only need to close the session and the applications data will be deleted from the tablet or smartphone.
Enable the creation of sessions from the administration console:
1. In the Policies tab, click on the icon to modify the policy of your choice.
2. Under the Apps management tab, click on “Enable lock task mode” if it is not already the case. The Advanced lock task mode settings scrolling bar will appear.
3. Scroll it down and click on Enable data deletion at the end of the session.
When unlocking the devices of this policy, a window of “New session” will appear.
Create a session on the device:
From the managed device, you have to click on Start the session, to access all the applications installed in kiosk mode.
Once the session is started, the user can access all the applications installed in kiosk mode.
Close a session on the device:
1. On the home page of the device, click on the icon Close the session. A pop-up will appear to confirm or cancel the session disconnection and inform the user that applicatios data will be erased.
2. By clicking on OK, the session will be deleted and the device will display the New session screen, as seen before in the tutorial.
Note: if a user logs into its Gmail account, he must manually log out of it, before logging out the session. If you don’t want users to be able to log into their Gmail account, then you have to disable the possibility to add a Google account on devices, directly from the policy.