Share contacts on the devices
How to add contacts on the devices?
The shared contacts feature allows contacts to be pushed to all devices that are in the same policy.
Add one or multiple contacts on the console
To add contacts on the administration console:
- Go on to the Shared contacts tab
- On the top-right, click on Add a contact to manually type the contact’s information or select Import contacts if you have a csv file of contacts
Create groups of contacts
You can also create groups to better organize your list of contacts and to be able to quickly assign them according to policies. It is important to know that the ‘Group’ concept is only used at the administration console level and that the contacts assigned to it are pushed to the devices individually.
To add a contact to a group, you need to click on No group in the contact’s card and enter the name of the group.
To add multiple contacts to a new group:
- Go on to the sub-tab ‘Groups’ and click on Add contacts group. You can rename it by clicking on ‘Without name’.
- Go back to ‘Shared contacts’ sub-tab and select the contacts you want to add to a group. Click on (blue banner on top of the list of contacts) and ‘Change selected contacts to a group’. Then, select the group to which the contacts should be linked.
Push contacts on the devices
Go on to the Policies tab:
- Click on to modify the policy
- Under Shared contacts tab, you have access to all the contacts you just added.
- By ticking the contacts or groups of contacts, they will automatically appear on the contacts application of each device of the policy.
When contacts are pushed from a policy, all the devices linked to this policy will automatically have access to those.
Delete contacts on the devices
To delete one / multiple contacts on the devices, you can either untick the contact(s) from the policy or delete them from the Shared contacts tab.