How to setup an Exchange account in Outlook?
Preconfigure an Exchange account using TinyMDM
Configure an exchange account from TinyMDM dashboard
From your admin console, go to the Policies tab and edit the policy you want to work on (or create a new one). Make sure the Outlook app is approved company-wide. Click on the 三 icon in the top right corner of the Outlook app and select Configuration.
From here, follow the configuration template below:
– Put the token $emailaddress$ in the field email address
– Put the description Work (for example) in the field description for account
– Put outlook.office365.com (for example) in the field exchange server url
– Put the token $emailaddress$ in the field username
– Put BasicAuth in the field account type
– Turn on Contact sync enabled button
– Click on Save
If you encounter an error on the device when entering the password, replace BasicAuth on the field description for account by OAuth or ModernAuth.
Note: please make sure to set the all the Outlook Permissions to > Automatically granted
Login and sync contacts from the device
Open the Outlook app and click on Add account.
The account is already here, you just have to click on continue.
The configuration is already setup, you just have to type your password.
Click on Maybe later if you don’t want to add another account.
All done! You can access your emails.
To sync your contacts, go to Outlook settings ().
Then click on your email account.
Switch the option Sync contacts to ON. The contacts will sync to native address book on your device.