How to configure a VPN remotely?
Configure a VPN from TinyMDM to the devices
1. Install the VPN
- Go to the Enterprise Approved Apps tab
- Approve and install the VPN application on your policy. To understand how to approve and install an application, go on to this tutorial.
- Then go on the Policies tab and edit the policy of your choice
- Scroll down the policy until the VPN configuration sub-tab and click on to replace “None” by the VPN application.
2. Turn on the VPN on the devices
The VPN will then be installed on the devices of the policy. From the devices, users will then need to:
- Open the VPN application
- Turn on the VPN in order to access internet
During the few seconds or minutes for setting up the application, public and private applications will no longer have access to the internet. However, system applications and changes made on TinyMDM will still be taken into account.
3. Turn off the VPN on the devices
Users have access to the VPN on their devices, which means that they can disable it. However, doing it will not allow them to bypass VPN security. Indeed, by disabling the VPN, only the modifications made on TinyMDM and system applications will continue to work with an internet connection. Public or private applications will no longer be usable, unless the VPN is re-enabled.